Cavex Alginate Mixer 3
The Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 allows dental professionals to maximize impression results by standardizing a homogeneous alginate mixture. Thanks to optimized mixing technology and smart design, this device is a showpiece in every dental clinic. Hand-mixed alginates cause product variations. Differentiations in mixing time, intensity, and usage of various techniques affect both curing time and alginate quality. The Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 eliminates these variables and consistently delivers evenly mixed alginates with perfectly predictable properties. In addition to consistent quality, the Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 also offers significant time savings. Preparation, processing, and cleaning become a matter of just seconds.
Desired mixing programs can be selected at the touch of a button using the innovative, user-friendly touchscreen:
- Extra Fast Set alginate
- Fast Set alginate
- Normal Set alginate
A perfect impression is no longer a coincidence!
More information about this product? Download the brochure below. Visit our distributor’s page to discover where the product is available.
- A perfect alginate mix in just six to eight seconds
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Maintenance-free thanks to improved technology
- Four different programs
- Always sure of a perfect print
- Modern design, a showpiece in every practice
Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 mixer
Instructions For Use
What are the benefits of using a Cavex Alginate Mixer instead of mixing alginate manually?
Mixing with the Cavex Alginate Mixer offers several advantages as opposed to manual mixing.
– The mixer creates a smooth, homogeneous and bubble-free alginate mix, ensuring a more detailed impression.
– Standardization throughout the dental practice: not everybody is proficient at mixing
manually, but everybody will be able to deliver a consistently perfect quality using the
– The mixer enables much faster mixing than the manual process, leaving more time to
attend to the patient and/or other tasks.
– No risk of a reaction with gypsum because of the CaSO4, which is used for the hardening
of both alginate and gypsum. In manual mixing there is a greater risk of such a reaction,
which may result in the failure of the cast.
– The hardening time can easily be adjusted using the timer setting on the mixer: an 8
second setting ensures more processing time, whereas hardening is much faster with a 12
second setting. The setting can easily be adjusted per type of impression, per patient and
for summer/winter application.
– The alginate mixer is easy to use with just the touch of a button. The device is also easy to
How should the Cavex Alginate Mixer be used?
1. Put 2 to 3 spoonful’s of alginate into the mixing bowl.
2. Apply the appropriate quantity of water using the measuring bottle.
3. Use the stirring stick to pre-stir the mixture; this makes it easier to clean the mixer afterwards and is important to prolong the lifetime of the device.
4. Screw the cover onto the mixing bowl and place the bowl in the mixer.
5. Close the Alginate Mixer, set the mixing time to 8, 10 or 12 seconds depending on the
required hardening time, and press Start.
6. After mixing, remove the mixing bowl from the machine and pour the alginate mixture
into the impression tray in a single movement. This will avoid air inclusion.
How should the Cavex Alginate Mixer be set up?
1. Remove the locking bolts on the lower side of the mixer. (Make sure you keep these bolts
to use for any future transport.)
2. Place the mixer on a solid, stable and even surface.
3. Check that the voltage indicated on the device corresponds with the mains power and
connect the mixer using the power feed cable supplied.
What is the best way to clean the Cavex Alginate Mixer?
Dissolve a little Cavex GreenClean (alginate solvent) in water according to the instructions provided on the Cavex GreenClean packaging. The mixer can be cleaned easily using the stirring stick and a tissue with the Cavex GreenClean solvent. To ensure a long life for your Alginate Mixer, store the cleaned device in a clean and dry place.
How should the mixing bowls be cleaned?
The mixing bowls can either be cleaned with a tissue or by rinsing them under a running tap. Cavex GreenClean can be used to remove more persistent soiling. The mixing bowls should not be cleaned in the thermal disinfector due to the risk of deformation and roughening of the inner surface.
What is included with the Cavex Alginate Mixer?
In addition to the Cavex Alginate Mixer itself, you will receive the following products:
• 10 x 500 grams of Cavex alginate at your choice
• 1 magnetic basket
• 4 mixing bowls
• 1 spatula
• 1 measuring bottle
• 1 stirring stick
• Instructions for use
Does the Cavex Alginate Mixer come with a warranty?
There is a one-year warranty on your Cavex Alginate Mixer. Should there be an issue, please contact the dealer from whom you purchased the mixer.
What materials can be mixed using the Cavex Alginate Mixer?
The Cavex Alginate Mixer can be used to mix all types of alginate. Cavex Alginates as a Normal Set are the most appropriate for the Alginate Mixer. This is because the action of the mixer is highly intensive and increases the speed at which the components react.
How can the mixing time of the Cavex Alginate Mixer be set?
If you want to mix for less or more than 8, 10 or 12 seconds, you can use the panel to set another time of between 1 and 16 seconds as a fixed program. The programmed setting can be saved by pressing both arrows on the keyboard at the same time.
What do the error messages mean?
The lid is not closed properly. Close the lid again and make sure it is firmly in place.
An error has occurred in the control panel. Return the device to the dealer where it was purchased for repairs*.
An unstable surface has been detected. Place the device on a flat, stable surface.
An engine error has occurred. Return the device to the dealer where it was purchased for repairs*.
* Return the device incl. power cord and always secure the motor with the two transport screws to prevent damage.
What are the dimensions and weight of the Cavex Alginate Mixer?
Dimensions: W x D x H 205 x 250 x 295mm
Weight: 16 kg (35.2 lb.)
IFU Cavex Alginate Mixer 3
Instruction Cavex Alginate Mixer 3
Protocols Cavex Alginate Mixer 3
|AT540||Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 & Cavex Cream||1x Cavex Alginate Mixer 3, 10x 500 g Cavex Cream NS, 4 Mixing Bowls, 1x Water Dosing Bottle, Accessories, IFU|
|AT541||Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 & Cavex CA37||1x Cavex Alginate Mixer 3, 10x 500 g Cavex CA 37 NS, 4 Mixing Bowls, 1x Water Dosing Bottle, Accessories, IFU|
|AT542||Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 & Cavex Impressional||1x Cavex Alginate Mixer 3, 10x 500 g Cavex Impressional NS, 4 Mixing Bowls, 1x Water Dosing Bottle, Accessories, IFU|
|AT543||Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 & Cavex ColorChange||1x Cavex Alginate Mixer 3, 10x 500 g Cavex ColorChange, 4 Mixing Bowls, 1x Water Dosing Bottle, Accessories, IFU|
|AT544||Cavex Alginate Mixer 3 & Cavex Orthotrace||1x Cavex Alginate Mixer 3, 10x 500 g Cavex Orthotrace, 4 Mixing Bowls, 1x Water Dosing Bottle, Accessories, IFU|
|AT550||Mixing Bowl For Cavex Alginate Mixer 3||1x|
|AT511||Plastic Spatula For Cavex Alginate Mixer||1x|
|AT513||Plastic Stirrer For Cavex Alginate Mixer||1x|